I had so many thoughts going through my head yesterday as we watched the inauguration that I finally grabbed my notebook so I could jot some of them down. In no particular order, they follow:
Every face they showed was elated and hopeful. I strongly believe that Obama fills many with the desire to be better citizens and better people.
My heart leapt with gladness to hear him recognize that nurturing a child is an essential responsibility worthy of recognition. Heaven knows that our entire culture suffers when the job is done badly.
The first lady's outfit was gorgeous, but I kept thinking that she must be freezing.
My heart leapt with gladness to hear him recognize that nurturing a child is an essential responsibility worthy of recognition. Heaven knows that our entire culture suffers when the job is done badly.
The first lady's outfit was gorgeous, but I kept thinking that she must be freezing.
Both Barack and Michelle Obama are the epitome of poise and grace. What a wonderful example for us all.
Chaney, sitting in his wheelchair, put me in mind of the evil Mister Potter from It's a Wonderful Life. Given his utter disregard for the constitution and law, I'm really glad to see that man gone.
If it hadn't been so cold, I'll bet that Bush's copter would have been pelted with shoes.
I hope the little girls' grandma stayed with them at their new 'house' while their parents attended the inaugural balls.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment