Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gardening season again!

Well, we've gone directly from winter coats to t-shirts. Typical Alabama weather for early spring, but it always takes me by surprise. 

Today I've been doing some clean-up and weeding in the garden and the yard and it's felt really great to be outside. Robbie's stained the raised-bed garden and it looks excellent! It always did look neat and tidy, but with the addition of the stain it even looks fancy. 

Last week I had to take some things down to my favorite bookstore downtown and stopped to take some pictures. 


Strolling along....



This picture doesn't begin to to this place justice. I need to go back at dusk or on a cloudy day so the inside will show more. It is from another time altogether. 



And how about that shoe?! I don't know when mens shoes stopped being ankle high, but apparently this sign dates from then. 



Caw! A detail from the old Protective Life building.



Stain! 



The stainer


2 comments:

GoDaddy said...

10 million hungry nemotodes are on order. You just add water and freely dash about here and there, they'll do the rest. Some seek, others lie in wait for pests to crawl by. pleasing.

Allison said...

The bad bugs don't stand a chance! Grrrrrrrrr...