Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday cheer!

Riley has been ALL about decorating the tree this year, and as opposed to previous years, when that has also been the case, we've been pretty much fine with that. One ornament has been broken, but that's actually fewer than I usually break myself, so he's proving to be quite a steady hand at the task.


Steady and gentle



The tree has received a generous number of ornaments...on the bottom half.



Wow! What an arrangement!



This is by far the highlight of the tree. Riley repurposed a miniature wreath to serve as a nest for these two birds. They're sitting on miniature ornament 'eggs'. Adorable. 



Riley buckled Big Monkey into his carseat yesterday. Safety first, Big Monkey!




We're able to display the angel chimes for the first time since he's been mobile. It's as entrancing for him as I remember it being for me when I was young. Or even now, for that matter. 


1 comment:

countrypeapie said...

When I was a kid, I would gather branches and create my own tree in my room every year. There was a small set of ornaments I was allowed to use on my tree, some of which were little birds, similar to the ones in your picture. They were always my favorites. Angel chimes are a very dear memory as well. Riley is sure to carry these things close to his heart as he grows older.