Monday, May 5, 2008

Photos from the weekend

Whew! Another weekend come and gone. I've heard that time moves faster as you get older (or at least that's the perception) and I'm really aware of that these days. There are so many items on my to-do list and honestly there don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do them all. Of course there's the constant-company-of-the-three-year-old issue, which adds infinite complication to every task, but still the days seem to fly by in the blink of an eye!

It's finally stopped raining on a weekend for long enough for Robbie to get some brick laid on our garage and it's lovely! Tidy and sturdy enough for the ages. I planted our hanging baskets and the bed beneath the Japanese maple with cosmos, Mexican heather, sweet potato vine, portulaca, verbina and zinnias and they are very cheerful looking! Riley's jobs consisted of swinging on the porch and finding mud to play in. He applied himself to the tasks with great earnestness.

Robbie's gone out of town till Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, so little R and I will be holding down the fort here. We have lots of things to take care of before we travel with Robbie to Florida (Panama City Beach of all places!) for a conference next week. The conference is held at a resort on the beach and we'll be staying in a 'chalet' with a kitchen, so I'd like to take plenty of stuff for us to eat. Trying to find wheat-free meals while traveling is beyond tiresome, so I'll just cook our meals instead.

And now on to the photos!

Riley and his five year old cousin Andrew.
They form a mutual admiration society.



Running, chasing, and more running! That pretty much says it all.



Who knew how much fun a pop gun could be!?



My, what a handsome man! :-)



Hey look! It's us, again! Riley's parents!



I find these interesting still life settings around the house and have begun photographing them. They're very telling in their own way.
Riley's fire hat doubles as a carrier for his 'babies'.



No comments: