Let's move on, shall we?
I think Riley's officially entered into his silly phase, which I expect will last till he's at least seven or eight. ;-) There are lots of potty related jokes these days, especially one in which he borrows my cell phone and places an order for a poo-poo taco with some poo-poo on the side. Hilarious. He's also using a lot of really funny body language and gestures which he didn't have in his trick bag even last month, so the changes are coming on fast. He's growing a lot and is really proud and happy that he can now stand on the floor and hold his hands under the faucet in the bathroom.
The big news for me is that I'm doing everything I can to eliminate processed grain goods from my diet in an effort to get this god forsaken skin issue under control. In an effort to streamline breakfast and have snacks in the car etc, I'd been buying wheat-free cereal and granola bars, but as the months went by I saw more and more issues surfacing with my skin till finally it got to the point where I just had to cut everything out.
I hate it because I felt I was in the clear if I just went for the things that don't list wheat as an ingredient, but apparently the residue on the equipment in facilities that also process wheat products is enough to contaminate the non-wheat items. And while oats are considered safe even for true celiacs, food manufacturing facilities that also process wheat will often have lingering wheat grain which gets mixed in with the oats during processing. That's a drag because I love oatmeal and would make my own granola bars, but I need to buy my oats from a dedicated oat facility. They're out there, but I haven't bought any yet. I'm afraid to price them. :-/
The up-side is that I'm seeing some improvement in my skin, the down side is that if I forget to bring a safe snack I go hungry because there is so little available for me to eat away from home. I have a check-up tomorrow and I'm looking forward to doing some further investigation into the wheat and gluten issue.
Now, how about some pictures?
Robbie and I were having some jolly chuckles the other day about the shocking number of inedible foodstuffs lurking in the back of our fridge. I can not believe the shirksome ways of that maid!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment