Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The wisdom of the very young

Robbie and I woke up before Riley this morning and had the luxury of gathering our thoughts and sipping our coffee before we heard the door to R's room open. He came out and climbed up onto my lap and leaned his head against my chest and cuddled for a moment before he looked up and said "Your heart is growling". Hmmm.

Later this afternoon as he sat at his little table eating his Tofu Pup he kicked off his shoe and told me that his heel was hurting. I went to check it out and I asked him if it hurt inside or if it was on the skin. He said very earnestly "It's just my blood arranger". I see! Well then.

And finally, yesterday at the park Riley and some friends were were all climbing on the big kid area along with a boy who was around 4 1/2 years old. The 'big boy' made it his business to tell them all that they couldn't do this or that because they're just 'little kids'. He told Riley that he couldn't climb the climbing wall or slide down the fireman's pole and any number of things that R can easily do and Riley's reply to him was "Yes I can because I'm Riley". So there, kid! ;-)

In other news, we were driving home from an errand today when I felt the sudden need to go to the thrift store. (what's new, right?) There's a good one near us and it's a great, homey place run by friendly retirees. My radar was right on today because we totally scored on great things and spent the lavish amount of $7.59. I got R three summer play outfits, new swim goggles and a pool floatie thing and eight fabulous books! Some of the books will go downstairs into the bins for when he's older, but lots of them we can read right now.

And now one photo out of many from this last weekends camping trip. We had a fabulous time and loved Cheaha. Because it's in the midst of high mountains, it was cool and breezy with low humidity; exactly the opposite of Birmingham.



Hello, we're on top of the world!

No comments: