Monday, November 24, 2008

Teetering near the felting vortex

Ok, I may have to call my sponsor soon because I'm beginning to show signs of addiction--to felting! I've long been a big fan of making stuff out of fabric and paper and all kinds of other cool materials, but this is different. It's the most malleable of any material I've ever worked with. It's a fabric, it's a solid mass, it's a wisp, it's all of the above, depending on what you do to it. So far I'm only working with thrifted sweaters that I intentionally shrink in the washer to felt and then cut them up to sew the things I'm making, but there's a world of info on all the different approaches and it all sounds really interesting 

Check out this gals site in which she uses regular old store bought felt to make the cutest play food I've every seen in my life. 

No comments: